Friday, July 1, 2011

Weekly Roundup 1 Jul 2011

I submitted to the National Archives Personnel Record Center a request for my brother, Pat's separation papers from his service in the Navy. Then I sent the required 'signature' page.

I sent a request to the Wood County (OH) Genealogical Society for several Truman Porter relatives' obituaries.

I spent some time searching the SAR database at Ancestry for any male Porter who was born in Connecticut. Will do the same with male Porters born in New York. When I'm done searching this database I expect to have some names that will need further research.

I started scanning documents in my possession. In an effort to be more organized I also have created folders for items that I've scanned and for those that need to-be scanned. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with these items after they are all scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment