Friday, June 10, 2011

Weekly Roundup 10 Jun 2011

I have to admit I have not been doing much research lately. It's that time of year when I follow another passion of mine - gardening! This year is even busier as I'm redoing one of my large flower beds. Then there's always the veggie garden.

I did do some work on Truman Porter, whom I'm trying to establish any relationship to my 2nd Great Grandpa William Porter. I received 3 obituaries that I had requested from the Wood County (OH) Genealogical Society, but they did not tell me much. Now I have about 10 more I need to request.

I'm still waiting on the Complete Service Record for Albert Porter. I don't know what's taking so long. I received a pension file for another man a couple weeks ago. I had requested both of them at the same time. Maybe they are having a hard time finding his records?

No comments:

Post a Comment