Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Harriet Porter Dunn 1823-1885

Harriet Porter was born about 1823 in Chautauqua County, New York. She is the 4th child born to William Porter (1794 - 1862) and his first wife.

She supposedly married 1st David Dunn on 26 Dec 1842 in Portland, Chautauqua, New York. In 1850 she and her husband David are living in Portland, New York. Three children have been born to this union: Andrew Jackson Dunn (1843 - 1921), Rachel Dunn Daggs (abt 1847 - ?), and James David Dunn (abt 1849 - ?).

Andrew Jackson Dunn married Roxanna Evans on 4 Oct 1866 in Clark County, Missouri. The following children were born to this union: Ann Dunn (1868 - 1948), Clara Dunn (abt 1869 - bef 1880), Ella Dunn Harris (1876 - 1952), and Mae Dunn Coe (Aug 1879 - ?).

Rachel Dunn married Rufus Daggs. They had two daughters: Ella S Daggs Cohagan (1866 - 1941), and Alice D Daggs Gregory (1867 - 1940). It appears that either Rachel died or she and Rufus divorced, as Rachel disappears from the census records, and a marriage record exists for Rufus and another woman in 1876.

James David Dunn married Mary C Gregory 15 Aug 1880 in Clark County, Missouri. Supposed children were David Richard Dunn (abt 1882 - ?), and William Albert Dunn (abt 1884 - ?).

Harriet's husband, David Dunn, died 13 Dec 1880 and is buried in Sugar Creek Cemetery, Madison Township, Clark, Missouri.

Harriet married 2nd John Leible on 29 Mar 1885 in Clark City, Clark, Missouri.

Sadly 14 days later Harriet drowned in a pond near her home.

If anyone has information on this family, please contact me!

3 comments:

  1. I have a little information about Roxanna Evans, I am researching her mother's family, Olive Case. I don't know much about this family, Mae Dunn Coe apparently died in 1975. She was the informant on the death certificates of many of her family members.
    Paula ~ http://langfordhaymon.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on this post. I have Roxanna Evans' parents as Washington Evans and Olive Case. As I usually don't go any further than just the names of the parents of those that marry into the family, I haven't researched any further. I have noticed that Mae Coe signed quite a few death certificates. Wonder how she felt about that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am Micheal Dunn, Kenneth it's my fatter, Everett my g father, David Richard my gg father, James David my ggg father, and David (Harriet Porters first husband) was my gggg father.
    I have allot of info of you are interested email me at brotherclang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete