Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly Roundup 29 Apr 2011

Not a lot of stuff to report this week. I have been studying the documents sent to me by the Knox County OH researcher. I haven't had a lot of time to sort it all out. I think I know what I'm seeing, but want to create a spreadsheet or something like that to put everything into a usable time frame.

I entered into my Legacy Family Tree database as much as I could find on the newly-found children of 2nd Great Grandpa William Porter. I will have to obtain some primary sources before publishing what I have found. Most of what I've found I am confident to be fact, but need those sources!

I feel I'm ready to move my research to New York, the goal being to find the birth place of William Porter. I've spent some time this week studying the Holland Land Company's history. I'm hoping that it's records will yield more information on my Chautauqua County NY Porter family. I've also spent more time at the American Ancestors website, exploring New York records, etc. Many more options are available to me as I start this new phase of research. My plans also are to work with Tom, writer of the Gen Journal blog on this research as we both descend from William Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment